Throughout the year, The Family Center offers presentations of interest to families, caregivers and professionals.
Visit our CALENDAR for a list of all upcoming dates and times for presentations and events.
Held in partnership with local hospitals and organizations, including:
- Grosse Pointe Public Schools
- Harper Woods Public Schools
- Barnes Early Childhood Center
- CARE (Community, Assessment, Referral & Education)
- George R. & Elise M. Fink Foundation
- Grosse Pointe North Parents Club
- Mothers’ Club of Grosse Pointe South
- St. Michael’s Episcopal Church
Topics have included:
- Are Your Kids at Risk? Not Mine! Not Here! Not Now! …Not True!
Teen Alcohol and Drug Trends
- The Epidemic of Childhood and Adolescent Obesity: Current Trends in Prevention, Assessment and Treatment
- Your Child and Technology
- Soothing Your Baby
- Eliminate Stress At Home And In Your Life
- Demystifying the College Process: An Interactive Panel Discussion A Conversation for Parents & Students
- Kindergarten: Get Ready!!
- Kindergarten: Successful Transition
Most presentations are free and have been approved by the Grosse Pointe Public School System and Harper Woods School District for staff development hours. Staff please remember to sign the attendance sheet at the door to receive credit.
Visit our Calendar for a list of all upcoming dates and times for presentations and events.