Ask the Experts by Charmaine Johnson-Fuller
Q: I work from home and struggle with summer break and maintaining a good balance. How can I create a schedule that supports my business and family over summer break?
A: Summer vacation can be a stressful time for parents that work from home.
How can you make summer vacation a win-win for your business and family? Below are the 5 things that will help create a winning formula to support your summer fun.
- Goals – What are your goals for your family and business over the summer? Knowing these will keep you from getting caught up in parenting and business FOMO (fear of missing out).
2. Flexibility – Don’t pack in every moment with something to do, leave space for life to happen. Add transition into your schedule, creating intentional space to adapt to a new activity.
3. Say No – You don’t have to attend every playdate, party, event. When you know what your family and business goals are saying “no” becomes easier.
4. Communication – Let your family know what is going on and that role they play. Get your family involved and communicate with them regularly.
5. Plan It – Create a plan each week that supports the goals you’ve created for you family and business.
Summer break doesn’t have to be stressful. You can create an environment that works for you and your family.
Charmaine Johnson-Fuller, of Grosse Pointe, is the owner/founder of The Charmed Life. She works primarily with entrepreneurial moms to help them eliminate overwhelm, create balance, and slay their day. For more information contact her at 586-646-8762 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more support download her free checklist 5 Ways to Save Time and Slay Your Day at http://bit.ly/timeslaychecklist. Johnson-Fuller is a member of The Family Center’s Association of Professionals.